The Red Sun
- Beverly Hills Book Award Winner: Best Juvenile Fiction
- IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards Silver Medal: Best New Voice Children’s/Young Adult
- Readers Favorite Awards Children Preteen – Silver Medal Winner
- USA Book Awards: Best Cover Design
- USA Book Awards: Best Children’s Fiction
Sam Baron is about to get the shock of his life. His substitute English teacher claims to have turned his old teacher into a lizard. But that’s not the weirdest thing to happen: Sam’s life turns upside down when a strange dwarf named Rego arrives and claims Sam is from a magical realm called Orkney.
When his friends are taken prisoner, Sam embarks on a journey to Orkney through a stonefire to rescue them. But when he arrives, he discovers an ancient curse has turned the sun a poisonous red and threatens to destroy the land. With only a young witch girl to guide him, Sam must choose between saving his friends or stopping the red sun from consuming the land.
Drawing on Norse mythology, The Red Sun follows Sam’s journey to uncover the truth about his past. To save his friends and Orkney, Sam will have to overcome the simmering anger inside of him; channel his growing magical powers; and find a way to forgive the father who left him behind.
Book two, Kalifus Rising, is available now.