- #1 Amazon New Release
- Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards Gold Medal winner in the Best Book Series – Chapter Book category
- 2016 Foreword Indies finalist in the Juvenile Fiction category
- Benjamin Franklin Book Awards Gold Winner in the Young Reader: Fiction (8-12 years) and Cover Design: Children’s/Young Adult categories
- Next Generation Indie Book Awards 2016 winner in the Children’s/Juvenile Fiction category
- 2016 USA Best Book Awards winner in the Best Cover Design: Fiction and Children’s Fiction categories
Sam Baron just freed Orkney from the ravages of the Red Sun―but now, imprisoned by Catriona, leader of the Volgrim Witches, Sam finds the darker side of his half-god, half-witch heritage released, and he fears he might destroy what he saved. Unable to resist the witches’ enchantments, Sam has become their most potent weapon, and is leading an army of monstrous men against Skara Brae.
Sam’s only hope for salvation lies with his three best friends and a mystical artifact known as the Moon Pearl. Keely travels north in search of the pearl, while Howie prepares for the gathering onslaught. Leo seeks a powerful artifact in the underworld, and faces an ancient evil that could be an even greater threat than Catriona and her cronies.
As Sam’s friends rush to save him, other forces are at work in Orkney’s shadows―forces that could help free Sam, or condemn him to the darkness forever.
Book One, The Red Sun, is also available now.
– Kirkus Reviews “This series will do well with the Percy Jackson crowd and fans of Norse mythology.”
– School Library Journal